



Friday night was the much anticipated Country Fair at HHCS. Matthew had the hours counted down throughout the day. After gathering their gear (cowboy hats, cowboy boots, bandanas and squirt guns in holsters) we were out the door. Despite the effort to encourage them NOT to bring home goldfish we brought home FIVE! Andrew told me later someone gave him two of theirs!!! We strategically placed them in Luke's hands to carry every once in awhile. He reminded me of Darla on Nemo the way he would give the bags a hearty shake now and then!!! jWell, one died in the bag and one died in the sink waiting for a fish bowl. Scott ended up putting the other three in the toilet to "find the ocean." Believe it 0r not, one was still in the toilet after the flush. I thought if the poor thing could survive all that trauma it deserved a chance in the Ice household. NOPE~it still got flushed. Aren't we cruel?!? The boys thought it was so funny. I MADE a cake for the cake walk this year (normally I buy one!) I know it is hard to believe~ me- the one who can blow any recipe-even the "simple Jello salad" at Thanksgiving! I took a picture for proof! Matthew was determined to win it but didn't. Oh, well! It was a fun night for all.
3 comments:
Michelle, you're cake looks great! I would have given it first place. Country fair is so fun! The fish--how well I remember the fish. We also had a few that went to their "happy home in the sea". Remember how long Ben's lived?
Ben's gold fish lived forever. We would feed it a ton of food many times a day. It got so fat and big. Rememeber when it's eyes started bugging out becuase it was so fat. I don't even remember how he ended up dying.
Someone gave Autumn some fish when she was in the hospital. We had to do two funeral using the toliet. I do not think we have ever been able to keep one alive for more than one week.
Post a Comment