Monday, March 19, 2007

Party Day






Andrew invited two of his buddies from school over on Saturday afternoon to celebrate his birthday. We went out to Pizza King for supper and then on to Clancy's to bowl. Ask any teacher at school and they will say they are the three amigos! All of them are good boys, but they sure get crazy together!! Earlier in the afternoon, Andrew took his new kite out for a fly and you'll never believe what happened...it got stuck in a tree (imagine that!!) So I was a good mom and stood on a wobbly ladder for a LONG time untangling it from the tree branches. It not only got stuck, but then he threw the handle up into the tree SEVERAL times to "unwind" it~only to compound the problem! Scott was gone all day roofing so I braved the ladder to extend the kite flying fun! All in all, I think it was a good two day celebration for him!

8 comments:

Missouri Moores said...

Sounds like those old Charlie Brown cartoons where the tree always ate the kite. I was waiting for an "America's Funniest Video" moment when you mentioned the wobbly ladder! Glad you made it down in one piece...:)

SturgillMom said...

I am so glad that you posted some pictures of the two day event. Michelle, you look just like mom in that cake picture! Actually, I did a double take because I thought it was her :) I am very impressed that you climed the ladder -- next time, just go ahead and climb the tree. Imagine the neighborhood talk then! You would be the coolest mom EVER :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle! I was so happy to find your blog. This is Stacy (Jacobs) Clark. We were in Weeks together! I don't have a Blog, but could you email me with your email address, and we can catch up a little? stacyjacy@hotmail.com

Jill said...

I am so impressed with you Michelle! I would have left that kite in the tree and tried to distract them with cake and ice cream. :)

Ruthy said...

I'm with you, Jill! Great "mommying," Michelle!

2Icecubed said...

Ok, girls, I have to clarify something. The ONLY reason I attempted the kite rescue is because Andrew's friends were not here yet and the boys were finally outside playing! I hated to see it end!:) I would definitely NOT have attempted it if I could have distracted him with cake, friends, presents, etc. Ha!Ha! I think I shocked Andrew too!

Anonymous said...

I would have rather enjoyed watching this whole scenario from the window with a video camara. What we do for our kids!! Last time we flew a kite Caden let go of the string and we had to chase it across the soccer field. Daddy saved the day by diving and catching the string. Happy endings are fabulous!!!! Mari

jsbtucker said...

hey we've got roof questions for scott...can he email us at sarah@tuckdesigns.com?
i can't believe andrew is 9...i remember that one basketball trip when we came home through st. louis and i had him in my seat and we saw the arch together. he was in awe and it was ADORABLE!!!! what a cutie!