Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Wax Museum
For the past two months or so Andrew's class has been working on their famous American projects. They had to come up with an outline, write a 2-3 page report, write a 1-2 minute speech and then dress as the character and give that speech. Well, today was the big day. It was so much fun! The kids looked absolutely adorable. As you can see from the pictures they had really great costumes with a wide range of people chosen-sport figures, presidents, evangelists, etc. They stood in a pose and then we pretended to "press a button" and the character came to life. Andrew did a really nice job! I think he had a lot of fun doing it too. He was very tired of saying his speech when it was done. He had to have said it at least 30 times or more! We videoed it, but the volume was really bad. We plan to have him redo it tomorrow and I will post it then so that you can hear it. What a great way to make learning fun. It was a lot of hard work, but I think very well worth it. He learned a lot about Benjamin Franklin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
How imaginitive!!!!! Can I go back to elementary school??? (or, excuse me, "May I?")
Andrew;
That is such a cool idea. You were one nice looking Benjamin Franklin. Your school does some of the neatest things. Think other schools need to take note!!! Love you and don't forget your speech because I plan on pushing the button when we see you. Ha!Ha!
Love Nana
Wow! I am very impressed with all the costumes that the kids (parents) came up with. Andrew looked great! Can't wait to hear the speech when you get it recorded!
Andrew, you did such a good job! We had a great time at your wax museum. I'd love to hear it again! We love you, Papa & grandma
What a cool idea! Andrew, you looked awesome. I wish I could have been there to hear you. I am so proud of you :)
Post a Comment