Emmy is potty training and doing a great job! She truly is training herself. I have heard others say this at times and always thought "ya, right!" For real, she takes her diaper/pull up off herself and heads to the potty chair on her OWN and then comes and tells me "potty, mom!" I am shocked every time it happens!!! YEAH!!!!! I see the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to diaper duty!!:)
Wednesday afternoon I received one of those calls from school that you really don't ever want to get!! Scott called just as I was leaving the YMCA and said, "I have Andrew here in Dad's office and I am pretty sure he has broken his collar bone!" What!?!?!?!?!? Panic seized my mommy heart immediately and I couldn't get to him fast enough. Well, except for when Scott (teasingly) told me that the bone was coming through the skin!!! I then said I wasn't going to be able to handle that...he had to take him to the doctor himself!! Well, long story short we took him to the orthopedic office and after xrays they confirmed he broke his collar bone. I wish you could see the xray. It looks like a tree branch broken in half with one piece laying on top of the other!!! His doctor said it is very unusual for children to break not just fracture the collar bone because their bones are so pliable. He was playing flag football at recess and got plowed to the ground by a boy in his class who is about double Andrew's size! He is in a brace and sling for about six weeks. Quite a bummer for a very active boy who loves to be outside playing sports. Pray for him...this will be a long road!
7 comments:
Great job, Emmy! I am so proud of you :) Can you come and teach Madyson?!?!
ANDREW!!!! Buddy, we just can't believe it. We are so sorry, but we were glad to see you smiling in the picture. You better milk this for all you can. I'm talkin' food, toys, DS games, cuddles, anything you can think of. You are SO tough....I would have been crying like a baby! We love you TONS and are praying for you.
Hey, I just saw Luke's lip...what is on it? Did Emilee bite him :) Or, maybe my computer screen is just dirty....that very well could be the problem :)
DANIELLE!!!! Only you would comment about that!:) I was playing with him (tickling him) the other night and he caught my nail in the middle of it! This morning he woke up and must have cracked it open again. It looks much bigger and worse than it is in this picture. You crack me up!!!
Luke, it sure looks like your mommy is abusing you...poor guy. It is a good thing Andrew was injured at school or I would have really been suspicious...just kidding. Andrew, I can somewhat relate to what you are going through as I broke my right arm when I was about your age and was in a cast most of the summer. It is a bummer but it will be a good story to tell when you are older. As Aunt Danielle said in her note, milk this for all it is worth. Love ya, Papa A
I was talking to Danielle when she locked herself out and I guess you called in about that time. That must have been so scary! You have had quite the experiences with those boys. So glad that he is doing okay.
Ouch! Looks very uncomfortable and painful! When I was thinking about him having to get a shirt off with a broken collar bone it makes me cringe!!! YIKES!!
Great job with the potty training too! I made the attempt but I've yet to succeed and yet to foloow through. Maybe one of these days...! :)
Poor Andrew! Can you still play the piano??? It looks like you can, so that is a relief! :) I hope you heal quickly!
Way to go Emilee!
Post a Comment