Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Blizzard of '07



As predicted, we got "a hammering!" It began snowing on Monday evening late and Tuesday we woke up to just a couple of inches. As the day progressed the winds picked up and it snowed heavily all day long. We were under a blizzard warning and snow emergency. Tuesday evening the 11:00pm news said Muncie had 12" and we were expected to get 4-5 more inches overnight. I think all said and done we got about 14". We have not had school since Monday. The boys are very ready to go back, but have really enjoyed the snow. They have played outside much of the last two days. Scott attached a rope to the back of the Blazer and has been pulling all the neighborhood kids around. Well, all good things must come to an end. Back to school tomorrow and Valentine parties!!

4 comments:

SturgillMom said...

I was hopin that you would have some blizzard pics. I can't believe you have that much snow...kinda reminds you of our MN days :) It will be a nice feeling for you to be out with the living again tomorrow -- hee hee. I miss you, girl! Can't wait for Spring Break :)

Jill said...

Wow! You got quite the storm! It is nice to have a few quiet days at home, but I'm sure the boys will be glad to get back to school.

Kelly said...

I was shocked by all the snow. We did not get that much but it finally is warm enough for the boys to play in what three inches we have. I loved your house and neighborhood. It looks like nice size lots which is great for kids!

Dora said...

wow, tons of snow.. I am sure you kids had fun staying home and playing with dad...
the neighborhood kids must love scott!