Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Happy 60th birthday, Dad!
My sister and I flew home last Friday to surprise my dad for his 60th birthday. My aunt picked us up at the airport and we arrived at the restaurant for dinner. How fun to walk up behind him and plant a kiss on his cheek when we walked in. It took him a few minutes to process all that went in to pulling the whole thing off. After dinner, we went back to the house and more of his friends surprised him there. The whole evening was a lot of fun. It was very weird to be just the four of us again. What a quiet weekend! Our sweet husbands kept the kids at home and they all survived and had fun (I think!) Scott said the time went by very quickly. He had all the dishes and laundry done and the house looked great. As nice as it was to get away, it was even nicer to get back home to all those little hugs and kisses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You got such great pictures! We sure had fun, didn't we?!?! I thoroughly enjoyed being with just you again, Michelle -- there is nothing like a sister :) When Kenz saw a picture of Mom, she said, "Oh, when I see Nana, I just miss her so much!"
Michelle, looks like you had a blast with your family!!! We had a GREAT time seeing the kids and Scott. I couldn't believe how much the kids had grown just since this summer...they are all just adorable!!! Such a bummer we always seem to miss each other, but we'll catch up soon!!! Have a GREAT day and I'll talk to you soon!!!! ~Rosa
What a neat opportunity to surprise your Dad! I hear it's pretty hard to surprise him! It was so fun to see your pictures. Your parents look great. And I loved the picture of the four of you together again!
Post a Comment