Sunday, January 21, 2007

My God is Faithful

Aren't you always thankful for a message that speaks right to your heart? I felt that way tonight after Pastor Glenn's message. We had a missionary this morning so Pastor gave this morning's message tonight. I am so glad--because otherwise I would have missed it being in the nursery. What a wonderful reminder it was of God's faithfulness in my life. The text was I Kings 17:8-16 where Elijah asks of the widow to bring him some water and bread. She has nothing left to eat for her and her son. She is about to make their last meal and perish. In obedience to the Lord, she gave of her last things and did what Elijah asked of her. Because of her obedience she was blessed and the flour and oil never ran out! God met her needs day by day by day. "But my God shall supply ALL your need." Just like He did for the children of Isreal in the wilderness for 40 years! That also was day by day by day. As Pastor Glenn said tonight He is always on time...never late! What a timely reminder as I urgently petition the Lord for several things. I was reminded again that it really is a wonderful place to be...at the feet of the Savior placing our family's needs before Him and trusting in His faithfulness and provision.

Now who wants to miss out on that kind of blessing staying home to watch the Colt's game?!? We were even done by 7:00! Ha!Ha! On that note..........GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

SturgillMom said...

Michelle, thank you for sharing that! I am assuming that was you and not Scott ?!?! Anyways, no matter how much we know those things in our head, it is always wonderful to remind our heart! My hardest part is being content to only bring the NEEDS to His feet and deciding which is a need and what is only a want.

Jill said...

Thanks for that reminder Michelle. It's wonderful to know that our God is loving and faithful, both to an extent that we can't even begin to understand.

sarah said...

GO COLTS!!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the reminder that God is faithful. I think I have the same challenge as sturgillmom on deciding the needs and wants.
I was also challenged this Sunday with a message entitled, "Doing it on purpose." The point was to live with the purpose and plan that God has given to each one of us personally. I need to seek the things that God values and set some goals in order to accomplish the things that God wants for my life. Usually my goal is to survive the day:)

Anonymous said...

Great post...and yes, Sarah - GO COLTS!

PS - Sarah -do you have a blog?

Eight is Enough!! said...

I love to hear the stories of today of how God gives us what we need "just in time". What a personal God we really do have. Thanks for the reminder!!