Andrew woke up last Thursday with a sore neck. He went to school and we thought the kink would work itself out. Well...I got a call at the fire station that he wanted to come home at lunch time. His teacher said he was miserable. So we came home and put heat on it and rubbed it and took some Tylenol. As the day went on it wasn't getting any better. Our neighbor suggested taking him to the doctor for a muscle relaxer. So we took him in that evening and he came home with a collar and Tylenol with codeine!!!! The doctor said the muscles in his upper spine were in a spasm and that he needed to keep the collar on until Monday. It got better each day. The weird thing was that he had gone to bed feeling fine and woke up in such bad shape!!! Poor thing...I kept saying "quit favoring it-it will hurt worse.....keep your shoulders level...blah...blah...blah! I'm very glad we took him in!!! He got lots of attention and "oh! what happened????" He loved it! He only got worried when papa asked if it would affect his golf game! Andrew was afraid they were coming in the next few days and he wouldn't get to play. I think he is recovered and ready, papa!
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I loved the title of your post! He looks like he is enjoying the brace. What a ham! Hope he is doing better.
Andrew is quite the dramatic one :) I felt so bad when you told me about his sore neck...You have NO sympathy -- just like mom :)
Post a Comment