Friday, May 25, 2007

God's Precious Gift



I sit and write this post today for one main reason-to praise my God for His hand of protection on our little girl yesterday and to thank Him for the prompting and the direction of the Holy Spirit to do what was needed. While this could be a chronicle of every awful detail of what happended , it is not! What transpired was a miracle~only something God can do. I found Emilee face down in a friend's pool...every parent's worst nightmare come true. As I tried to get up the deck steps to get to her I felt like I was running in one place. When I jumped in and grabbed her she immediately clung to me and started crying! It was as relieving as the cry right after birth. I am confident she instinctively held her breath. She wasn't even coughing at all! She was even still holding the toy she had been playing with. I believe it very well could have been within a minute of her falling in that I found her! That was the Lord~no question!!! It is afterward that you fall apart and can't even breathe. Yesterday was very difficult for me because I kept reliving what I saw and replaying in my mind what I did and the "what ifs" that could have made everything turn out much differently.
Last night Scott and I talked/prayed about it a lot. He reminded me that Emilee is a gift from God and that she is His~only borrowed for awhile. Yesterday He could have taken her, but He chose to let us have her a little longer. We are reminded of the important job we have of raising her to be a godly girl who wants to love and serve Him. We prayed God would remove the vision of yesterday from my mind. Satan wants me to stay there and I choose not to. "Whatsover things are true...think on these things." What is true? She is here and fine-God protected her! What is true? God is good ALL the time! Even if things hadn't turned out this way. What is true? EVERYTHING comes from His loving hand! We have learned and been reminded of a lot of things. We thank Him for Emilee and today I can say that a peace has filled my heart and each time I look at her and go back to yesterday I simply do just that...thank Him for her!

11 comments:

tacky said...

Thank God for His protection and His prompting in everyday living! All I can say is Praise the Lord...the words of the song "Children of the Heavenly Father..." are going through my head...it is in your hymnal I am sure!

Schoonover Family said...

God is so Good! We are rejoicing with you at this time. I cannot (nor do I ever want to) imagine what it would be like to face something like that! We will pray with you that God continues to get the victory!

Ice-Family said...

Praise God for His timing and watch-care over little Emilee. Can't imagine what a horrifying sight that would be. Praise God for husbands like ours who help us to have the right perspective!

sara said...

Thank the LORD! What a precious little girl!

Holly said...

I am so thankful that God had you find Emilee when you did. Children are such precious gifts from God!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Sorry you had to go through that with Emilee but thankful God has strengthened you from the experience...it is so amazing how He can bring us closer to Him even with an "earthly tragedy". I remember when Hudson was just a month old and they called us in the middle of the night...I was so afraid he wasn't going to make it but then God reminded me that Hudson belongs to Him and that I was privileged to be his mother even if just for a short time. It's so great to say "God is good" no matter what and know it beyond a shadow of a doubt! Jodi

SturgillMom said...

Michelle, I will never forget that call from you yesterday. God is definitely good! It is hard to remember that our kids are only borrowed for a short time. Give sweet Emilee a big squeeze from me. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

When mom called me yesterday, my heart sank with in me... Every mom's worst nightmare! You continue to give it to the Lord... Sometimes will be harder than others to forget and rest in Christ. Keep your focus on the one soveriegn God who loves Emilee more than you do! Love you!

Jill said...

Praise the Lord! "Every good and perfect gift is from above..." He truly gifted you with Emilee and with prompting you when she needed you! We love you all!

maritmae said...

Okay, I am sitting in Virgina on vacation with the family and I am reading your blog with tears streaming down my face. Oh our Lord is soooo good!!! I can't even imagine seeing my precious one face down in the pool. We spent the day at the beach and I worried that Caden would get overcome by the waves and not pop back up even with his swimmies on. WOW!!! Hug her tight for us too. As moms we are forever lead by His prompting in all areas of life. Praise Him for giving us mom's intuition. Love to you!

Carla said...

WOW! What a great reminder to me that as parents we should take every day with our kids as a gift. Thank-you for sharing this miraculous story with us!