Most of you who read this are already aware that Scott had over $3,000 worth of his DeWalt power tools stolen a couple weeks ago. Well, he has really done his research to spend this insurance money wisely and get the most for his money in replacing everything. He bought alot on Ebay and much of it arrived yesterday afternoon. It was quite fun watching him open everything up and see what he got!! The smile on his face reminded me of Christmas. The two little ones enjoyed the big boxes and stepping on bubble wrap. Last night, he layed everything out and got it all organized and arranged in his tool boxes, etc. Praise the Lord for insurance! It would have been a very devastating loss otherwise! We also praise the Lord for the timing in all of it. If the theft had been in the middle of the summer he would not have been able to take his time purchasing everything. He would have needed them ASAP for his summer work. Scott now has a "plan" for catching the crook. Our neighbor, Mike, mentioned that late Sunday nights/early Monday mornings when people have trash set out for pick up, there is a guy in a truck that comes by and checks out what is in everyone's trash. He wonders if this guy saw Scott's tools and took them. Scott plans to set a "trap" and then sit on our front bench and catch the guy and "make a deal." Ha! Sounds great in theory, but if I have my way we will leave things as they are. I think he ended up doing pretty well all said and done!:)
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We are happy that God was able to provide for you this way! It is amazing that people have the need to steal. It really messes up so much.
Praise the Lord for insurance! His smile looks like he got what he wanted! We love Ebay too.
I can just picture Scott opening up all of those boxes :) I am so glad it all worked out. I sure wish I could be a little birdie spying on Scott "catching" the burglar!
Loved the pictures of the kids in the boxes and Scott's big smile. It looks like he got some good deals!
Post a Comment